Does Your Porsche Need An Engine Rebuild?
By Bavarian Performance Specialists December 23, 2021
The Porsche brand has become synonymous with status, luxury, and high performance. The sight of a Porsche on the road brings a level of respect and excitement. On the race track, they stand toe to toe with the highest performance vehicles. Most of this success is linked to their opulent design and intricate engine.
Porsche engines are already built with great attention to detail. Extensive time and energy go into its factory production to accommodate the intense performance of the vehicle. Where the original engine gets strained or worn out, you may want to twist it up a notch by rebuilding your own Porsche engine to soothe your comfort.
Indications Your Porsche Needs an Engine Rebuild
In most cases, indications to rebuild your Porsche engine comes due to engine failure and overhaul. You may notice these signs of engine failure:
- Smoke from the Exhaust: When driving your Porsche, try to take notice of the type of smoke that is coming out of the exhaust. You can look through your rear window to check for exhaust smoke. The colors of smoke serve as an indication of the type of problem facing your engine. For instance, blue smoke indicates burning oil, white smoke usually comes from a coolant leak, and black and dark smoke suggests a case of gasoline burning incorrectly. From your tailpipe, if you notice that the smoke takes the form of a blue or black, then the state of your Porsche engine should be examined right away.
- Loud Knocking Sound: Your Porsche may make a knocking noise when driving. When you rev up the engine, the knocking noise may get louder. This may indicate a bad engine bearing and a reason to check up on the state of your Porsche engine.
- Reduction in Performance: A faulty engine can lead to an underperforming vehicle. When your engine is faulty, you may experience uneven acceleration, misfiring, and loss of engine power. If you experience these issues, it may be time to replace or rebuild your engine.
- Metal Shaving in the Oil: Metal shaving in your oil may be an early indication of a faulty IMS bearing. If adequate lubrication isn’t used to reduce this friction among the engine moving parts, it may lead to engine failure.
- Burning Oil and Poor Gas Mileage: When your engine develops issues, your Porsche may burn oil at astronomical levels. Similar to this, you may also experience an excessive consumption of gasoline. It is advisable to regularly change your oil and keep tabs on your gas mileage.
The Benefits of an Engine Rebuild
When determining whether to rebuild your Porsche engine or replace it, you may want to consider some of the perks associated with a rebuild:
- Engine Optimization and Performance Upgrade: Rebuilding your Porsche engine requires an expert level of mechanical expertise. The process of rebuilding necessitates the components of the original engine be separated piece by piece. The damaged parts are either repaired or replaced, while other parts are optimized. The outcome is that you have a Porsche that is more efficient than before with high performance. Also, the costs of fuel consumption will be significantly reduced, which puts more money back in your pocket.
- Environmentally Friendly: When rebuilding your engine, technicians reuse significant portions of scrap from your original engine. As a result, less metallic waste is disposed of in the environment. The prospect of recycling and reusability reduces the level of pollutants in the optimized engine. Consequently, optimized Porsche engines are known to release less toxic waste than those replaced.
- Longevity: Although it may be quite expensive to rebuild, a rebuilt engine guarantees you long-lasting years of performance free from issues and defects that were looming in the original engine.
Bavarian Performance Specialists: Your German Auto Repair and Service Center
If you recognize any of these signs of an imminent engine failure in your Porsche, you should schedule an appointment with an automobile service workshop as soon as possible. If you are worried about the efficiency of mechanics rebuilding your Porsche engine, rest assured that our expert technicians at Bavarian Performance Specialists will ease your engine rebuilding worries.
Over the past three decades, our shop has consistently provided exceptional services to drivers in Newbury Park, CA, and surrounding areas of Thousand Oaks, Agoura Hills, Westlake, and Malibu. Whether for your next annual maintenance or a total engine rebuild, please call or visit us today.