Important Tips to Maintain Your Audi Q7
By Bavarian Performance Specialists December 2, 2018
Vehicle maintenance is a challenge for many drivers for many reasons; it can be expensive, time consuming, and an overall inconvenience. However, automotive maintenance is a necessary part of owning or driving any vehicle – particularly vehicles that are of higher quality, such as the Audi Q7.
Though the Audi Q7 is not especially prone to failures and malfunctions over other Audi vehicles, or other luxury vehicles for that matter, it is essential to take a preventive approach when taking care of your Audi vehicle. In this article, we’ll go over some important tips to maintain your Audi Q7 and how you can begin the necessary process of automotive care more smoothly.
Areas to Consider
Most vehicle components degrade and wear out over time, which is simply a natural part of the aging process of your Audi Q7. Here are the most common areas that Audi owners or drivers should consider while attending to their Audi’s ongoing maintenance and servicing:
Under the Hood
You might be surprised to find that some of the most salient auto care tasks don’t involve your engine; however, it is certainly the most important area to focus on in maintenance servicing.
As your Audi accumulates mileage, over time engine parts begin to wear and corrode, which means they’ll need to be replaced. Here are a few tips you can follow to help ensure your engine is properly maintained:
- Don’t ignore any concerning signs or symptoms of failing performance, especially check-engine light illumination.
- Find an Audi specialist in your area who is familiar with the Q7 specific performance and servicing requirements.
- Only use high quality parts approved by the Audi manufacturer.
- Follow routine guidelines and maintenance schedules in your Q7’s owner’s manual.
Just like all other vehicles, your Audi Q7 requires several different fluids to ensure that the engine and everything else under the hood runs smoothly. These fluids include:
- Transmission fluid
- Engine oil
- Radiator fluid or coolant
- Power steering fluid
- Windshield fluid
- Brake fluid
It is essential to stay on top of regular fluid maintenance, as these fluids are what keep your engine and other components running smoothly.
The interior of your Audi is just as susceptible to damage, wear, and tear, as the mechanical components are. It is important to protect and maintain your Audi’s interior components for a number of reasons, including to uphold the value and luxuriousness. Here are a few tips:
- Keep your car parked in the shade or in a covered area
- Use sun visors when needed
- Don’t wait to repair any damages to cloth or leather interior
- Regularly clean and vacuum the inside of your car
- Avoid eating, drinking, or smoking in your car
Along with the interior of your car, the exterior is also critical to maintain. Here are a few tips for how to keep the outside of your Q7 well-cared-for:
- Routinely wash and wax the exterior of your car
- Use only the highest quality cleaning products
- Park your car in a covered area
- Don’t wait to fix scratches or dents – they could collect rust or corrode
Maintaining the exterior of your Audi is a great way to uphold the value of your vehicle and enjoy your Audi for the luxury vehicle it is.
Other Important Areas for Servicing
It is important to think of your car as one whole system where each subsystem and component is affected by the failure of another. Here are a few other parts and systems of your vehicle that are important to include in your regular maintenance:
How We Can Help You
Here at Bavarian Performance Specialist, our Audi experts have helped countless Q7 owners and drivers from the areas of Thousand Oaks, Agoura Hills, Westlake Village, Malibu, and Newbury Park, CA, and we take pride in attending to Audi drivers in our community. If you would like to learn more about our ongoing maintenance service plans, please call one of our helpful Audi specialists today.
* Audi Q7 image credit goes to: ManuelGonzalezOlaecheaFranco.